Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Way to Go "Politically Texas"




          I agree with the opinions shared in “PoliticallyTexas’” blog titled Public School Teachers Needing A Miracle really got my attention. We have similar opinions about K-12 education and the lack of funding and overcrowding. I like that she researched and included statistics about the stress on teachers with the overcrowding. I really liked her idea that the state should: “… take the time to address the teacher morale.” The stress that the teachers are under and the number of students that are in alternative schools has increased at the same time that the stress level of the teachers has increased is this a coincidence. The lack of funding, the overcrowding, the “… ‘attitude’ among growing children, in some cases the lack of stability in homes and the need to feel ‘popular’ can cause stress in a teacher’s life. … unexplained drop in morale can be traced to far more than just state budget cuts.”
          I think the writer did a really thorough job of explaining her argument. I really enjoyed reading her blog and will look forward to reading it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment